I’ve received lots of inquiries regarding the difference between the 2 earpiece variations that I have for this Spring BodyGuard Earpiece. I thought I might as well clarify them here so its easier for potential buyers of this item.
There are 3 main variations to this earpiece.
- for Normal Phone Version(3.5mm connection)
This version of the earpiece comes with a 3.5mm standard connection jack for normal connection to most smartphones and devices with a headphone or earpiece jack. Simply plug it to a 3.5mm port and use this earpiece like a normal earpiece with microphone for communication purposes.
This version of the earpiece does not connect to most walkie-talkies unless it’s specially built catered for that purpose.
Some of the devices that work with this version include: iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi SmartPhones.
- for Walkie Talkie Older Version(2 Pin flight Jack)
This version of the earpiece works with the older type of walkie-talkies, especially the olden day Motorola walkie-talkies that is rather bigger in size. Walkie talkies that work with this version of the earpiece have a 2-pin port for connection.
- for Walkie Talkie Modern Version(2.5mm Jack)
If you are using the modern smaller version of walkie-talkies, this version of this bodyguard earpiece will be for you. Normally, this version of walkie-talkies will have a single jack port, smaller than a 3.5mm entry jack for connection. The port for earpiece or headphone connection is usually at the top of the walkie-talkie.
To determine the right variation for your walkie talkie or smartphone, here are the steps you can follow:
- Determine if the earpiece is for a walkie-talkie or phone, if it is a phone, most likely, the normal phone version will be the right choice for you.
- If you cannot determine the type of device, you can always get a normal earpiece and try plugging it into the port of your device, if the connection is smooth, your device uses the normal phone version as well.
- Should a normal 3.5mm earpiece doesn’t fit the port on your walkie-talkie or phone, that means you will need to decide on the other 2 variations.
- Upon filtering, simply check if the connection port is a single or dual port connection. If it is a dual port, this means your device is an older version that uses the 2-pin flight jack.
- Otherwise, your device will belong to the newer version of smart devices that uses the single pin, but the smaller 2.5mm jack connection port.
For both Walkie-talkie versions of this earpiece, the microphone is replaced with a PTT** button connection.
**A PTT button is a Push to talk button for instantaneous communication